Director - Ashley Delaney
Email - email@example.com
Welcome back current players as well as new incoming players to the organization. I also want to thank all the parents that have agreed to take on the task of coaching this season. Volunteering your time is not only a gift to your child, but to all the other children on the team.
Enjoy your time with your team. Win, lose or tie, have fun, play hard and learn as much as possible.
And, always remember---
To play the game of soccer is great...
To like the game is even greater...
To Love the game is the greatest of all...
Law 1 – Field of play –
- The field will be about 40 x 50 yds
- Penalty Area will be 14 yds from each goal post and 14 yds from the goal line. Goal area will be 6yds from each goal post and from the goal line.
- 6x18 or 6x24 goals
- Corner flags
Law 2 – The Ball: Size 4
Law 3 – Number of Players –
A game will be played by 2 teams consisting of no more than 6 players a side. 5 field players and a goalie.
Law 4 – Players Equipment –
Players required to wear their issued jersey, Shin guards (must be covered by sock) and issued socks. Cleats are optional but are highly recommended as are black soccer shorts. No Jewelry of any kind is allowed. Players with glasses must either remove them or have approved sports goggles to play.
Law 5 – The Referee –
The referee will be a youth ref in training. She/he is learning to ref, so please be respectful and understand they will make mistakes
Law 6 – The Assistant Ref – Parents should run flags to help the youth referee
Law 7 – Match Duration – Teams will play 2 30 minute halves, there should be a 5 min break between halves.
Law 8 – Start and Restart of Play –
Play will start normally by a player kicking the ball forward, other team should be at least 10 yds away.
Law 9 – The Ball in and Out of Play –
The ball is out of play when it has completely crossed the goal line or touch line either on the ground or in the air
Law 10 – The Method of Scoring –
A goal is scored when the ball passes between the goal posts and the whole ball has completely crossed the goal line.
Law 11 – Offside -
A player is in an offside position if: (See FIFA Rules for complete description)
- He/she is nearer to the opponents goal line than both the ball and the second to last opponent
A player is NOT in an offside position if:
- He/she is in his own half of the field of play
- He/she is level with the second to last opponent or the last two opponents A player cannot be offside on a goal kick, Throw in, or corner kick before it has touched another player.
Law 12 – Fouls and Misconduct –
Conform to FIFA Rules, there should be consideration for whether it was truly a foul or just players losing control of their body. The objective is to stop play as little as possible. Play should stop immediately for any head injury. No Cards will be issued. There is also No Slide tackling allowed, this will result in a direct kick for the other team.
Law 13 – Free Kicks –
In the event that play needs to be restarted, the ball should be placed on the ground and kicked into play; opposing team should be at least 8 yds away. ABSOLUTELY NO DROP BALLS. Follow FIFA rules for Direct vs. InDirect Kicks.
Law 14 – The Penalty Kick – NONE
Law 15 – The Throw in –
A throw in is awarded to the opponents of the player that last touched the ball after the whole of the ball has crossed the touch line (side line). A goal cannot be scored directly from a throw in. Players can not touch the ball after throwing it in until it has touched another player on the field. If the player does not make a correct throw in the first time, they will get a second opportunity to do so. If it is a foul throw on the second attempt the other team gets the throw in.
Law 16 – The Goal Kick –
A goal kick is awarded when the whole of the ball passes over the goal line, either on the ground or in the air, having last touched a player of the attacking team. Players should be outside of the penalty area.
Law 17 – The Corner Kick -
A goal kick is awarded when the whole of the ball passes over the goal line, either on the ground or in the air, having last touched a player of the defending team. Players should be 10 yds away
Notes for coaches
- Good sportsmanship, fun and learning are a priority
- Players can be substituted on either teams goal kick or your own throw in
- No scores kept
We have a 6 goal deficit rule, meaning no team should beat another team by more than 6 goals.
- You can remove players
- Shoot wide of the goal
- Pass the ball around
- Make the other teams keeper look good, pass the ball to him
- SUGGESTION is to start to put restrictions on your players after being up by 3 goals, things like have to pass 5 times. Don’t blow another team out.
- Code of Conduct must be followed
- Town Commissioner is the only person that can cancel games
- Visit WWW.MTYS.ORG for any updates on weather and games schedules